- 2 cups whole grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced, any kind
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, diced
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt or non-fat sour cream
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
Cook rice according to package directions.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, curry powder, no salt seasoning and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring mixture constantly. Add broth, chickpeas and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro and top with a dollop of the yogurt or sour cream.