- 1 lb. ground beef or chuck
- 1/2 medium onion, any kind, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney or pinto beans, undrained
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a Dutch oven or soup pot, saute beef or chuck with onions until beef is no longer pink and onions have softened. Drain excess fat. Stir in kidney or pinto beans and next 4 ingredients with salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes.
Split potatoes while still warm and top each one with chunky chili, cheese, sour cream, green onions and cilantro. Remaining chili will keep in a sealed container in refrigerator for 3-4 days. Heat in microwave or on stove before serving.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council