- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb. broccoli, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cook brown rice according to directions.
Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Add brown sugar, vinegar, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Sprinkle chicken with no salt seasoning and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 43-4 minutes on each side. Add half of the soy sauce mixture to the pan and 1/4 cup water. Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked all the way through.
Place chicken on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into slices. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Divide the rice, chicken, broccoli and remaining sauce in 4 bowls. Top with sesame seeds. Place two lemon wedges in each bowl. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute