The prevalence of obesity in the United States is continually increasing, and the rate at which Americans are developing health problems related to excess weight is also on the rise. Type 2 diabetes is a disease often linked with obesity and can be a great cause for concern if left untreated. While some people with type 2 diabetes can gain control of this disease through lifestyle changes, others may see better improvement through weight loss surgery.
How bariatric weight loss surgery improves type 2 diabetesBariatric surgery has been shown to improve or even resolve type 2 diabetes for most struggling with obesity by, what is believed to be, rerouting part of the digestive system. This may change the way the gut sends signals to the brain and the brain to the liver.
- Help normalize blood sugar levels without diabetes medication.
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Help eliminate or lessen the need for diabetes medication in some patients.
- Significantly improve the ability to become active again.
- Be an effective and immediate option to improve health when urgent health concerns related to Type 2 diabetes are present.