Tammy Parker, Certified Wilton Instructor, shows us the secrets to making fail proof buttercream frosting.
• 1/2 cup solid white vegetable shortening (Crisco)
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (not margarine) softened
• 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
• 4 cups powdered sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
• 3 tablespoons water
Makes: About 2 ½ cups of icing.
• In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer.
• Add vanilla & water.
• Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
• When all sugar has been mixed in, beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
• For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use.
• Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks.
To find out how you can take one of Tammy's classes, go here.