News

Actions

3-year-old taken to hospital for evaluation after suffering electric shock in SLC

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 4:46 PM, Oct 18, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-18 19:06:51-04

SALT LAKE CITY — A 3-year-old child was taken to a hospital Sunday after suffering a shock that was caused when the child inserted keys into an electrical outlet.

Jasen Asay, Salt Lake City Fire Department, said the 3-year-old received quite a shock after inserting keys into an outlet.

The child never lost consciousness but was taken to a hospital to be evaluated and to make certain he or she is OK. Asay said that when the child was transported, he or she appeared to be doing OK.

The shock occurred Sunday afternoon at a home in the area of 1800 West and Morton Drive.

Click here for safety tips regarding children and power from tvakids.com