- 4-5 lb. Boston butt pork roast
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/4 cup Dijon or yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco or hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 buns or hoagies
- Suggested toppings: Red onions, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Season pork roast with salt and pepper. (Note: you can add other dry seasonings.) In a Dutch oven up to high heat on the stove, sear each side of the roast for 1-2 minutes per side. Add broth in the bottom of the pan. Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours or until a thermometer registers 145-160 degrees F. Let roast cool for 15 minutes. Shred meat.
For the sauce, mix mustard and the next 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan with salt and pepper. Cook on low heat about 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
To make sandwiches, add some of the BBQ sauce to the shredded pork. Serve with desired toppings. Store remaining pork in a sealed container or baggie for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.