Elisa Barber shares a recipe for an easy no bake holiday cheesecake you can whip up in a few minutes. For more information on Elisa, go here.
Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 CUP crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 CUP crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 CUP melted butter
- 1/3 CUP granulated sugar
- Mix all ingredients together until well mixed
- Press into a 9” or 10” springform pan and chill in fridge while you mix the filling
FOR THE FILLING:
- 16 oz cream cheese (I use full-fat but can you low-fat for a healthier version)
- 1 CUP heavy cream
- 2 CUP pumpkin (canned or roast yourself and blend in blender after cooled)
- 1 1/2 CUP granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk the cream cheese, powdered sugar on low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the heavy whipping cream and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Add the pumpkin a 1/2 cup at a time and continue beating until thick consistency is regained.
- Add the pumpkin spice and vanilla extract.
- Pour into the gingersnap crust, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight is even better!
Add a teaspoon or two (whatever your liking) to your whipped cream and decoratively put on top of the cheese cake and even add candied nuts if desired!