Kathy Parker, LCSW shares ways to avoid spoiling your kids and a few things to do instead. For more information go here.
1. What are the negative effects of spoiling children?
· Having too many options contributes to anxiety
· The more toys kids have, the less in depth time they spend with each toy.
· Kids tend to feel entitled and they appreciate less when they have a lot of "stuff."
2. Why do parents spoil children?
· Parents have the best of intentions
3. What can parents do instead?
· Create rituals and traditions
· Simplify - Create a calm environment for your children