News

Actions

Couple displaced after house fire in Kearns

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:37 PM, Nov 27, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-27 22:37:29-05

KEARNS, Utah — A couple in Kearns has been displaced after a house fire caused about $25,000 in damages Friday.

Firefighters say the couple heard the smoke alarm and got out of the house, located in the vicinity of 5600 South and 4000 West, then called 911.

By the time crews arrived, smoke could be seen coming out of the attic. Crews were able to contain the fire to the attic.

Firefighters say this is the time of year to always be careful and aware of fire hazards.

“We have the furnace fires, we have chimney fires, we have CO problems from all of the above, so it’s just a time people need to be careful with candles, with any type of open flame, and just take all precautions,” said Mac Lund with the Unified Fire Authority.

The damages to the home are estimated at $25,000. There were no injuries reported, but fire crews said it appears the couple will be out of their residence for some time.