By Chef Lesli Sommerdorf
- 4 English (hothouse) cucumbers
- 3 1/2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh-cooked crabmeat, chilled and picked over for shell fragments
Peel alternating strips of green skin from each cucumber. Cut 3 cucumbers into slices 1/4 inches thick to make 48 slices. Halve and mince the remaining cucumber. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the sour cream, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, shallots, chives, salt and cayenne and mix well. Add the crabmeat and fold gently into the sour cream mixture.
Put about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crab mixture on each cucumber slice. Top with a little of the reserved minced cucumber and chives.
Adapted From “Cocktail Parties,” by Williams-Sonoma, Georgeanne Brennan
Sponsored by Harmons