- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 2 cups pizza or marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
Preheat oven to 400°.
In a large skillet up to medium-high heat, add oil. Saute mushrooms and onions until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook another minute.
Place baguette halves on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, garlic powder, basil and oregano. Brush over the inside of each baguette half. Coat each baguette with the pizza or marinara sauce. Add mushroom mixture, layer the tomatoes on each baguette and top with cheese.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.