Turkey, Sage and Cranberry Meatballs
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 cup canned cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients from turkey through sage with no salt seasoning and pepper. In a large frying pan up to medium high heat, add oil. Working in batches, if needed, form small balls (golf ball size) and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165°, 8-10 minutes.
Combine the cranberry sauce, honey and zest in a small bowl. Serve with meatballs.