- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, seed removed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 small baguette, sliced into 1/4” slices
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a food processor, pulse the first 8 ingredients through cilantro (reserve some cilantro for garnish) with salt and pepper until semi-smooth, about 2 minutes.
Lay the baguette slices out on 1-2 baking sheets. Brush with canola oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each. Bake 4-5 minutes until slightly crisp and golden brown.
To serve, spread some of the avocado hummus on each. Top with a few chopped tomatoes. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Note: For extra flavor, add cracked black pepper on top of the fresh tomato on the crostini’s before serving.