News

Actions

Toddler and pup saved from burning home in Salt Lake

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 5:33 AM, Dec 22, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-22 11:28:42-05

SALT LAKE CITY --  A family is without a home for Christmas and one little girl is in serious condition after Salt Lake City fire crews responded to a two alarm house fire just after 2 a.m. Tuesday.2alarmslc

According to the Salt Lake City Fire Department over 30 firefighters arrived at 1109 South and 700 East to find flames and smoke coming from the first floor of the house.

A man, woman, a six-year-old girl were outside in panic saying a three-year-old girl was still inside.

Firefighters rescued the toddler and found she'd suffered some burns and smoke inhalation,  an ambulance immediately took her and the adult male to the hospital. Dog rescued from fire

The adult male had minor smoke inhalation concerns.

It took firefighters about half an hour to contain the fire that they believe originated in the dining room before engulfing the first floor.

Firefighters also found a dog in the house, they gave it air and say it's breathing just fine.

Officials don't consider the fire suspicious but it is under investigation, no other structures were burned or evacuated.

The home is uninhabitable for the time being and the Red Cross is working to help find the family a place to stay.