- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 packed cups loose baby spinach, torn into pieces
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Two options, trim tortillas to fit a 9-inch springform pan (use the removable bottom of the pan as a guide). Assemble pan with the bottom upside down; lightly oil bottom and sides. Set aside. Or, use a baking dish for the 10” tortillas lined with foil. When done assembling, wrap in foil to keep in place.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add beef, onion, garlic powder, cumin, red-pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned and onion has softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add corn and spinach; stir until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
For whichever baking pan you are using, place one tortilla on the bottom. Mix cream cheese and shredded cheese together in a medium size bowl. Spreading evenly, 1/2 cup cheese, top with 1 1/2 packed cups beef mixture. Repeat with two more layers. Top with last tortilla, and spread remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake pie until top is lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into wedges. Top each serving with some of the sour cream, salsa and cilantro garnish.