Lorna Vogt, Sanitation Director for Salt Lake City shared some easy tips for residents to properly get rid of their Christmas tree.
- Residents are encouraged to recycle their trees, free of lights and decorations.
- Put your tree in the brown curbside compost can.
- Beginning Monday, January 11 and running through Friday, January 22, Salt Lake City will also collect holiday trees placed at the curb.
- Trees must be placed at the curb before January 11 to guarantee pickup and composting.
- All holiday trees collected in the brown compost can and curbside will be processed at the Salt Lake Valley Landfill where they will be recycled into mulch for public use.
- More information is available at SLCgreen.com or by calling (801) 535-6999.