Kathleen Toth from Nuzzles & Co. brought in two rescue kittens and shared some easy tips for families wanting to bring a kitten into their home:
- Take it slow while acclimating the new kitten into your home.
- Consider adopting 2 instead of 1 so the kittens may keep each other company.
- Keep your new kitten's litter box cleaned (scooped) so as not to create litter box avoidance issues. As well as using a cat attract litter to help the kitten acclimate to the litterbox in the new home.
- If there are children in the home, explain the importance of gentle handling of the kitten to the children.
- Be sure to visit the kitten you will be adopting to be sure the kitten's personality is good fit for you and your family.
- The importance of a quality food for your kitten includes giving wet/soft food daily as wet/soft cat food is better for the kitten's urinary tract then dry food.
To contact Nuzzles & Co. go to their website or call 435.649.5441