Brittany Karzen, Tobacco Prevention and Control Marketing Manager along with Shelley White, a former smoker share keys to successfully quiting tobacco.
It takes Persistence to 'Drop It Like It`s Hot'
• January is prime quitting time, and we know that 73% of smokers plan to quit this year. Today is the day to set a quit date!
• We know that quitting tobacco is hard and that it takes most quitters an average of 2 to 11 times to be successful.
• It is easy to get discouraged when you decide to quit, and you are not successful the first, fourth, or even tenth time.
• We found quitters from all over the state that are a testament to the fact that success is not about how many times you fail but how many times you are willing to try.
Waytoquit.org provides several free resources:
- Utah Tobacco Quit Line 1.800.QUIT.NOW
- Online coaching services (utahquitnow.org)
- Text support (Text the word QUIT to 47848)
- Suggestions for getting help from physicians, along with tips and tricks.