Dietitian Rachel Richins shared some simple ways moms can help themselves and their babies with nutrition while breastfeeding.
- Realize that some breastfeeding mom's can eat the whole fridge and lose pregnancy weight while nursing, and others may maintain the last few pounds or gain/maintain while nursing due to different hormones.
- Intuitive eating is key, however as an exhausted new mom the desire for sleep over rules desire to eat, so have healthy snacks on hand.
- It's important to help baby learn to latch properly as this solves most milk supply issues.
- Go to www.supertracker.usda.gov to create a profile for specific activity, menus and food plans for an individual, family, or group.
- For additional apps to help you track your goals contact Eatright.org to contact a Registered Dietitian who can work with you.
- La Leche League of Utah www.lllutah.org(801) 582-9905