- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 large waffles or 12 mini waffles
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Mix together the syrup and mustard. Set aside.
Heat 1inch of oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large skillet or saucepan.
In a medium size bowl, stir together the onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper, paprika, flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl lightly beat eggs together. Dip the chicken pieces individually into the beaten eggs, then into the flour mixture to coat; shake off the excess flour. Place the coated chicken pieces onto a plate until all the chicken has been coated.
Cook the chicken in batches in the hot oil until golden brown and no longer pink in the center.
Toast the waffles. Serve some of the chicken bites over the waffles, Drizzle the syrup and mustard sauce over each serving.