News

Actions

Faulty appliances may be to blame for fire at Dixie State student housing

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 2:15 PM, Feb 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-02-15 16:15:12-05

ST. GEORGE, Utah – Students were evacuated for a fire at Dixie State student housing in St. George.

According to witnesses, the fire started just before 2 p.m. Monday near 923 S. and 900 E.

Fire officials said the flames may have sparked in a utility room downstairs, possibly by some faulty appliances.

A maintenance worker tried to put out the fire before authorities arrived.

No one was injured and the students have been allowed back inside.

Authorities are estimating about $150,000 in damages.

Check back with Fox 13 for the latest updates.