- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 large eggs
- cooking spray
- 4 small flour or whole wheat tortillas, warmed, softened
- Salsa, for serving
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit and, with a large spoon, scoop the flesh into a bowl with lime juice and a pinch of salt. Mash with a fork until smooth or slightly chunky. Add cilantro, onion and chili powder. Taste; add additional salt, if needed.
Add cooking spray to a skillet brought up to medium heat. Add eggs and cook either over easy or fried. Spread 1/4 of the avocado mixture onto each tortilla. Top with one egg. Add salt and pepper. Serve immediately with salsa.
Note: You could melt shredded cheese on the tortillas before adding the avocado.