Kathleen Toth, president of Nuzzles & Co. tells us about how much water your pet should be drinking.
How Much Water Should Your Dog Drink Every Day?
- Rule of Thumb: 1 ounce per pound. * So a 60 pound Labrador for example would drink about ½ gallon a day
- Don’t Most Dogs Drink What they Need?
- Not always. While some dogs regulate themselves, you should pay attention to make sure your dog is properly hydrated.
- Make sure water is clean and changed daily. Don’t let it get stagnate/dirty.
- Have more than one dog bowl of water around the house and outside. Place near the dog’s bed, the door where he/she comes in and absolutely always outside.
- Don’t forget to have a dog bowl of water in the car if you travel with your dog. There are non-spillable bowls on the market or pack a collapsible bowl and carry fresh water. Don’t ever leave your dog in the car without access to fresh, clean water.
For information about Nuzzles & Co. follow them on Facebook here.