SALT LAKE CITY — Five people were displaced after an attic fire in Salt Lake City Saturday morning.
At 5:04 a.m., Salt Lake City fire responded to 418 S. University Street after a neighbor called 911, according to tweets from the fire department.
When crews arrived on scene they were able to gain control of the blaze within 15 minutes. The cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction in the attic, resulting in $20,000 worth of damage, said Salt Lake City Fire Spokesman Jasen Asay.
Asay said the fire was contained to the attic and no damage was done to the interior of the home.
The five adults will stay with neighbors until they are able to get back into the home.