- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot or 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/s teaspoon chipotle chile powder or 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in chicken leg-thigh quarters, skinned
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat; add oil; swirl to coat. Saute shallots with salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add chipotle powder or sauce, ketchup, mustard, water, honey, vinegar and garlic powder to pan. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste. Cook on low for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Divide sauce into two parts; pour half into a bowl. Set aside. Brush the chicken generously with half of the sauce. Baste the chicken once during baking. Bake for 45 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees. Serve with remaining sauce.