Lindsey Joy Smith, The Chipper Chef has a recipe for a Reuben sandwich that is perfect for the upcoming holiday.
(Makes 4 fabulous reubens)
- 8 slices of rye bread
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 8 Tbs. of Thousand Island Dressing*
- 1 c. drained sauerkraut
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 lb. of super thinly sliced corned beef
- Butter one side of 4 slices of bread.
- Place the 4 slices of the buttered bread onto a cold skillet to assemble your sandwiches.
- Spread 1 Tbs. of dressing onto the bread slices on the skillet, then add the sauerkraut, a slice of Swiss, the corned beef, and the second slice of Swiss on top.
- Spread 1 Tbs. of the dressing onto the remaining slices of bread and place on top of the sandwiches.
- Butter the tops of the sandwiches.
- Turn the skillet on to low/medium heat. Cook the first side until the bread gets lightly browned and crisp. Flip the Sandwiches over
- Weigh the sandwiches down with a cookie sheet to promote the cheese melting, perfect bread crust and warm corned beef.
Corned beef and St. Paddy`s day go hand in hand. This sandwich is tasty, easy to make and will leave you feeling like a lucky leprechaun.
*Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 c. mayo
- 1/4 c. bottled chili sauce
- 3 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 Tbs minced onion
- 1 Tbs Sweet relish
- 1 large boiled egg, mashed with a fork
- ½ tsp. salt
- Dash of pepper
Method: Add all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl and combine well. Chill till ready to use.
For more fun recipes or to book classes, visit Thechipperchef.com.