- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup ranch dip or dressing
- 3 green onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet up to medium-high heat, add the oil. Saute the onions with salt and pepper for 4-5 minutes or until slightly soft. Remove from pan; keep warm. In the same pan, season steak with salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness.
Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Top with cooked onions, half of the cheese, beans and onions and the steak. Top it with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts. Top with salsa and drizzle ranch dip or dressing over the top. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.