- 2 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 6 large egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small cucumber, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Combine quinoa, egg whites, paprika, no salt seasoning and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add cilantro or basil, cheese, garlic and onion; combine together. Mix in breadcrumbs. Form into balls (golf ball size). If needed to keep mixture together, add additional breadcrumbs and let stand a few minutes more.
In a large skillet up to medium heat, form the balls into patties (about 1/2-inch thick). Cooking in batches, about 10 minutes per side or until browned and crispy. Place cooked patties on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil before serving.
Combine yogurt, cucumber, no salt seasoning and pepper in a small bowl. Top each cake with 1-2 tablespoons. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.