- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup edamame beans, shelled
- 2 cups spinach, chopped or torn
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Bring the quinoa and the 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for another 6 minutes. Fluff with a fork; add salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large sauté pan up to medium high heat, add the oil. Saute the red and green pepper, garlic, ginger, edamame with salt and pepper for 4-5 minutes. Add spinach and soy sauce. Stir in the quinoa and continue to heat until it is heated throughout, 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market