More than 10 years ago Courtney Carver decided she needed to make a big change in her life. She felt overwhelmed by all the belongings scattered throughout her home. She decided to take action and created the minimalist fashion challenged titled, Project 333. She chose 33 items to keep in her closet for 3 months at a time. Never wearing anything outside of the closet. She has documented her journey and the process of shrinking your closet at www.bemorewithless.com. After beginning the project Courtney noticed health improvements and a happier well-being.
- When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
Courtney now travels and encourages others to simplify their lives. You can hear from Courtney at an event she is hosting this week at Church & State.
The Tiny Wardrobe Tour
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
1893 at Church & State - 370 South 300 East