- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 bacon slices
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons shallots or red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
On a large baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts with the canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, tossing once while cooking.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove from pan; crumble bacon. In the same pan with 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease, sauté the garlic and shallots over medium heat with salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in the vinegar, honey, mustard and oil. Add the bacon.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market