- 8 green onions or fresh chives, divided
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
In a food processor, pulse 4 green onions or chives, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest, soy sauce, oil, salt and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade in a large, sealable plastic bag. Pat dry chicken with paper towels. Add chicken, seal bag, coat well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat grill to medium high heat (approximately 350-375 degrees). Grease the grill where the chicken will be cooking. Place drumsticks on grill. Flip every 5-7 minutes until internal temp of 185-190 degrees. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve chicken with reserved marinade and chop the remaining green onions or chives, for garnish.