- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 475° F.
Bring stock, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, sugar, bay leaf, salt and 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer 15-18 minutes or until a knife easily inserts into center. Turn occasionally
Using 2 slotted spoons or a mesh spider, drain cauliflower. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, for 30-40 minutes or until browned.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; whisk flour into butter until smooth. Pour milk into butter mixture and stir to combine. Cook, continuously stirring until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted, about 3 additional minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve cheese sauce with cauliflower.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market