- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6-8 large basil leaves, torn
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large skillet up to medium high heat, add the canola oil. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken breasts on each side, turning, until golden brown all over, about 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the broth and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Cover; cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover with tinfoil to keep warm. In the same skillet up to medium heat, add olive oil, mustard, Greek yogurt or sour cream, salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet, Coat well with mixture and heat for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with green onions and basil. Serve immediately.