- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 medium red or white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 4 tomato slices
- Lettuce leaves for burgers
In a large bowl, combine the ginger, onion, cilantro, chicken, panko breadcrumbs, half of the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and Sriracha sauce. Form 4 patties.
In a large skillet up to medium high heat, add the sesame oil. Cook the chicken burgers on each side for 4-5 minutes or until cooked all the way through. In a small bowl, combine the remaining hoisin sauce, soy sauce and Sriracha sauce. Spread sauce on the inside of each bun. Top with a burger, tomato slice and lettuce. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute