- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, reserve 6-8 leaves
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup no-salt added black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 ears corn, cooked, shucked
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
In a food processor, add the basil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard, no salt seasoning and pepper. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Blend until combined. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl, add the quinoa, black beans, corn, bell peppers, cucumber an, carrots, no salt seasoning and pepper. Pour in the dressing; toss to coat all the ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving for the best flavor. Tear the remaining basil into the bowl before serving.