Candles to blame for Orem house fire

Posted at 7:30 AM, Nov 01, 2016
and last updated 2016-11-01 10:08:51-04

OREM, Utah – Candles are to blame for a fire that burned an Orem home overnight.

Firefighters said they were called to the Orem house near 760 S. and 600 W. just before midnight Monday.

They said candles burning in a bedroom are to blame.

Fire officials said the home was older and full of wood paneling which easily ignited.

The house is a total loss and six people are now without a home.

Everyone is safe thanks to a working smoke detector.

Check back with Fox 13 for the latest updates.