The following is sponsored by Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute.
The My Heart Challenge : Nonprofit Edition is underway. Here are a few tips to help you increase your heart health:
- Commit to a time to exercise. Pick a time of day that you can consistently set aside for workouts.
- Have a plan for exercising, whether arranging to meet a friend at the gym, attending an exercise class or simply planning out the exercises you want to do.
- Incorporate intervals and circuit training into your exercise plan, and do exercises that work different areas of the body.
- Keep a daily record of what you eat and the exercises you do.
- Learn about nutrition and sign up for wellness classes.