SALT LAKE CITY - Your next doctor’s appointment could be from home. Intermountain Healthcare patients are now connecting with their providers via video appointments from the comfort of their own couches.
The platform used is similar to Connect Care and takes place with the patient’s already established provider.
Benefits of a Scheduled Video Visit include:
- Convenient appointment in the comfort of your own home
- Save on travel expense and time
- No waiting in a doctor’s office
A video appointment might work for you if you are over the age of 18 and already have an appointment and need follow-up for one of the following conditions:
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Prediabetes or high blood sugar
- Smoking cessation
- High cholesterol
- Low bone density or pre-osteoporosis
- Weight management
Or if you are working with a specialist in one of the following areas:
- Heart Rhythm
- Nurse Midwife
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Sleep Medicine
More clinics and providers are coming on board with this service – ask your provider if a video visit may work for you.
To find out more, visitIntermountainHealthcare.org/VideoVisit.