For the Sausage:
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. dry thyme
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground clove
For the Eggs:
- 8 lg. eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
For the Sandwich:
- 4 bagels, cut in half
- 4 slices of your favorite cheese
- Preheat your grill to med-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dried sage, salt, pepper, thyme, clove, and maple syrup.
- Pour the mixture over the ground pork and mix just until combined.
- Form into 4 equal sized patties about ½ inch thick.
- Place on the grill and cook for about 4 or 5 minutes per side.
- While the sausage cooks, whisk the eggs and milk with a little salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and lightly scramble the eggs.
- Place the bagel halves cut side down on the grill and lightly toast for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Put a portion of the eggs over each sausage patty while still on the grill and then cover with a slice of cheese.
- Melt the cheese and then place the sausage, egg and cheese on the grilled bagel and enjoy.