For the shrimp:
- 2 lbs. large, raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 8 c. cold water
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp. fresh tarragon
- 1 celery stalk, cut into large chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into large pieces
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 more lemon wedged for garnish
For the cocktail sauce:
- 1 c. ketchup
- ¼ c. prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Make the cocktail sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside in the fridge.
- Add the water, onions, lemon wedges, garlic, tarragon, celery, carrot, peppercorns and bay leaf to a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the simmering water and cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp is light pink. Immediately put the shrimp on a sheet pan and place in the freezer or fridge to stop the cooking and cool down. Once the shrimp are cold, they are ready. Serve the shrimp with the cocktail sauce and lemon wedges. Enjoy!