For the Waffles
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 ½ c. milk
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Whipped cream, fresh banana and strawberry slices for garnish
For the Sauce
- ¾ c. Nutella
- 1/3 c. milk
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a bowl, or large measuring cup, mix the milk, bananas, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until combined.
- Preheat your waffle maker and make waffles until there is no more batter.
- Keep them warm in a 170-degree oven on a sheet pan.
- Make the sauce by adding the Nutella, cinnamon and milk together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the sauce, stirring often, and cook until the sauce is combined and thin enough to pour over the waffles.
- Serve the waffles topped with the Nutella sauce, bananas and strawberries. Enjoy!