For the Rolls
- 2 ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 packet (2 ¼ tsp.) instant yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. whole milk, heated to around 115 degrees
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- 1 egg, room temp.
- 5 tbsp. butter, room temp.
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. cinnamon
For the Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, yeast, and ½ tsp. salt.
- Pour in the warmed milk, melted butter, and the egg and mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and knead the dough for 5 minutes. The dough should be a little sticky, but not stick to the work surface or your hands.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- As the dough rests, make the filling by adding the 5 tbsp. of softened butter with the brown sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- After the dough has rested, return it to the work surface and roll into a rectangle about 14x9 inches and ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the filling on the dough leaving a bit of uncovered dough on the edge away from you.
- Roll the dough into a log and then cut it into 1 inch pieces with a serrated knife or floss. This should yield 10-12 rolls.
- Place the rolls into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Cover with plastic and let them rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Remove the plastic and bake for 20 minutes.
- As they bake, make the frosting by combing the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1/8 tsp. salt.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool 10 minutes after removing from the oven and then frost and serve. Enjoy!