For the French Toast
- ¾ c. milk
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 6 lg. eggs plus 3 yolks
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4-6 thick slices of French bread
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 c. corn syrup
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 1 c. chopped pecans
For the Maple Caramel
- 1 stick butter
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, yolks, cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- Arrange the bread in a 9x13 baking dish and pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Flip the bread over and cover with plastic wrap.
- Put it in the fridge at least 6 hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, and pecans.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly in another 13x9 baking dish.
- Arrange the soaked bread over the pecan mixture and then place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- As the French toast bakes, make the maple caramel sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the heavy cream, brown sugar, maple syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the French toast from the oven and serve pecan side up.
- Drizzle with the caramel sauce and serve warm. Enjoy!