For the Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 ½ c. buttermilk
- 1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Butter and whipped cream for serving
For the Strawberry Sauce
- 2 c. strawberries, quartered
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. water
- Make the strawberry sauce by adding the strawberries, water, and sugar to a saucepan placed over med-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and 2 tbsp. water in a small bowl.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat an electric pancake skillet to 350.
- Make the pancake batter by adding the egg, buttermilk and butter to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. A few small lumps is normal and ok.
- Add some butter to the warm skillet and cook the pancakes at 1/3 c. at a time. Keep them warm until ready to serve.
- Serve stacked covered in the strawberry sauce and whipped cream.