- 1 lb. favorite breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 ½ c. milk
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 package favorite tube biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 casserole pan with non-stick spray. In a saute pan over medium high heat, brown and crumble the sausage. Once it is browned, remove it and set aside, leaving the extra fat in the pan.
- In the same pan, add the onion and cook a few minutes until soft. Add the garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook 1 more minute. Add the butter and cook until it melts. Add the flour and mix until it is absorbed and cook 1 minute. Add the milk and cream and cook, stirring frequently until it simmers.
- Once it simmers, put it in the casserole dish. Distribute the biscuit dough on top of the gravy evenly in a single layer. Place it in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with a biscuit or two for serving with the gravy on top. Enjoy!