SANDY, Utah — Firefighters extinguished a brush fire Tuesday afternoon that damaged fences and property near the lower area of Dimple Dell Regional Park.
An investigation has begun into what caused the fire, but firefighters suspect fireworks along with dry and windy weather conditions.
Two police officers who assisted firefighters are being treated for smoke inhalation.
Sandy Fire Department Deputy Chief Ryan McConaghie believes fireworks could be the cause of the fire.
"It is a very good reminder just how quickly dry grass and 100-degree temperatures...how quickly a fire can get going and spread," he said.