FOX 13 KSTU-TV, the Scripps FOX affiliate in beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah, has an immediate opening for a full-time traffic and weather anchor to join our top-rated morning news team. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced broadcaster who can produce high-quality, viewer-centric reports with enthusiasm and personality. Familiarity with the Utah market and Utah’s geography is highly preferred, but also not required.
Please make sure you include a link to your demo reel with your application.
- Prepare and deliver live traffic reports using IBM’s Max Traffic software every 10 minutes, weekdays from 5:30 a.m. until 9 a.m.
- Contribute to news and feature segments during morning and midday newscasts.
- Prepare and deliver weather reports for FOX 13’s hour-long midday newscasts at 11am, and Noon.
- Fill-in for main morning meteorologist and other weather shifts as assigned.
- Produce weather and traffic content for FOX 13’s digital and social channels.
- Ensure high-quality graphic presentation of traffic and weather information.
- Consistently pursue graphic enhancements and upgrades.
- Report live in the field for community events and team coverage.
- Report on afternoon traffic, weather and construction issues when applicable.
- Work cooperatively with photojournalism staff on special projects as assigned.
- Represent FOX 13 at community events and through public speaking engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism, communications, or relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of two years of on-air experience with a commercial broadcaster, or a combination of a commercial broadcaster and a college/university broadcasting program.
- A degree in meteorology or pursuing a meteorology/climatology degree.
- Computer literacy required, including weather and newsroom computer systems.
- Familiarity with ENPS preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Strong social media skills and a commitment to building a strong personal brand on social media channels. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Experience with broadcast and AP style writing.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV.
Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way." As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company. #LI-MM1 #GD-MM1