Carson Kitchen opened more than six years ago on Carson Avenue in Las Vegas. The name celebrates the street where it sits, and also the history of Nevada and its capital city.
Owner Cory Harwell recently brought it to downtown Salt Lake City at 241 West 200 South.
Cory joined us to talk about some of the dishes on the menu, and also to share one of his favorite recipes.
Don't these sound delicious?
Crispy Chicken Skins- smoked honey
Bacon Jam- Havarti cheese, toasted baguette
Devils Eggs- Crispy pancetta, caviar, chervil
Risotto- Black rice, Oxtail, parmesan cream, fennel gremolata
Young Beets- Red & Gold beets, pistachio crusted goat cheese, red & green grapes, Micro hearts on fire, honey
Mac and Cheese- baked mac and cheese
Chili Cauliflower- Garlic, red chili flake, lemon juice, parsley
Wild Mushroom Flatbread- Pickled red onion & arugula, gruyere cheese
Glazed Donut Bread Pudding with three rum caramel and vanilla crème Anglaise.
Cory, who also happens to be a chef at Carson Kitchen also shared a recipe you can make at home.
Killer Shrimp Recipe
4oz Raw Shrimp 21/25 P&D
2oz Nash Flour
2oz Aji Amarillo cream
1oz Pickled Jalapeno
To Taste Lemon Zest
To Taste Salt
1. Cut shrimp into three pieces and soak in buttermilk.
2. Squeeze out excess liquid when an order comes in and dredge in nash flour.
3. Fry at 385 degrees to a light golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
4. Pinch of salt and toss in Aji amarillo cream till coated
5. Plate in bowl and top with pickled jalapeno and lemon zest
* 21/25 P&D- size of shrimp, peeled and deveined
You can find more information at carsonkitchen.com/slc.